Parents can play an important role in the prevention and minimisation of gambling harm among children and young people.
This workshop is specifically designed for parents and carers of young people aged from 12 to 17, to provide education about gambling harm however all parents and carers will benefit.
Workshop topics covered:
* Gambling and young people
* Gaming and gambling
* Gambling advertising
* Parental influence
* Support services
* Participants will be able to:
– Gain knowledge of how young people are affected by gambling harm and the links to gaming.
– Understand the major influences on young people’s gambling behaviours.
– Learn strategies to help prevent young people from being affected by gambling harm.
This is a Free workshop provided by GambleAware for the NSW Government.